What a great time of the year for the family to get together for picking some wild berries. These are high in vitamin C to help strengthen the immune system in the cold months and they make a fantastic jam.
Ingredients for Blackberry Jam
- 500 g fresh blackberries
- 400 g caster sugar
- 2 star anise
- 2 cloves
- Zest of one medium orange
- 1 apple, grated
- Pinch salt
1. Place the sugar and blackberries into a bowl. Mix until all of the berries are coated in sugar.
2. Leave for 1 hour then place into a medium pot on low heat until the juice starts to develop then place all other ingredients into the pot and cook slowly until the mixture is a thick consistence.
3. To preserve the jam, place into glass jam jar that have been rinsed with boiling water.
4. Keep in a cool and dry place and enjoy for up to six months.